Cued Language Transliterator Code of Conduct
1989 Fleetwood Metzger
A cued language transliterator shall:
- Facilitate communication between deaf/hard-of-hearing cued language consumers and hearing consumers.
- Provide sound-based environmental information to deaf/hard-of-hearing consumers of cued language.
- Provide appropriate training to deaf/hard-of-hearing consumers to allow for proper transliterator utilization.
- Provide hearing consumers with appropriate demonstration/explanation of the transliterator role.
- Demonstrate and implement ongoing reverence for the preservation and pro-motion of complete and equal access.
- Promote the progression of events as if circumstances do not necessitate transliterator presence.
- Adhere to the ethical standards of transliterating for deaf/hard-of-hearing consumers.
- Support the profession of cued language transliteration by striving to improve related skills and knowledge and the application thereof.